Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Blog is BACK... who am I kidding?

Not that anyone will see this post, but I feel like updating my blog. Here's what's happened since my last post:

I've been working with a running coach at the Boston Running Center. He's had me on a training program since January. I've been logging an average of 28 miles a week, with a high of 36 miles. My running has improved tremendously.

I ran a half-marathon in 1:45 on a VERY hot day... on a cool day I bet I could run a 1:40.

I ran a 5K in 21:04... also on a hot day. I can definitely break 21:00, and I'd love to run with a pacer to see how close to 20:00 I could get.

I ran a 5-mile race at a 7:09 pace... definitely my best race performance ever. I was passing people the entire race, including a lot of guys who looked like they had NO business being passed.

My running is actually fine... my nutrition is NOT. I'm toying with the idea of basically going healthy "cold turkey." I know that I'm addicted to food the way a junkie is addicted to smack... I want to quit, but as soon as I get hungry and there is crap to be had... I have it. I've also been very, very stressed with work lately, and I've developed a habit of having 1-2 beers or a glass of wine probably 4-5 nights a week. I definitely don't get drunk, but I have to admit that I've been using those drinks as a way to de-stress, which is a TERRIBLE idea. I've tried in the past to give myself rules about "1 glass of wine 2 nights a week" or "i can have dessert once every 2 days" or something insane like that, but I always cheat.

I really need some sort of weight over my head. Signing up for a marathon works for running, as does having a running coach I'm accountable to. For eating / boozing... what can I do? Maybe I can bribe myself. One month of no weekday boozing and healthy weekday eating would get me... what?

How about a new desk chair?

joey

2 comments:

Matteson said...

I read your post. Glad the running's coming along. I need to get up to boston sometime in the next month or two. It's been too long. I'm running quite a bit myself these days. maybe we can go on a run together and hold hands.

Unknown said...

you are fat