Monday, June 25, 2007

Log #5: Life Intrudes


Bah!

That's all I can say. Life has a way of subverting marathon training. This time the culprit was a trip to Texas. Don't get me wrong... I enjoyed it, but eating massive amounts of Tex-Mex and sleeping until noon do not a marathon runner make. My 6 mile tempo run was derailed when the 95 degree, 100% humidity weather made me and my little brother almost faint. It turned into a 4 mile run that still kicked my ass. I skipped the long run on Sunday because I was flying home. Bah indeed. You sacrifice so much by training for a marathon that occasionally you have to splurge or you go crazy. At leats that's how I work.

Tomorrow is attempt #2 at the speed workout that I have to be able to complete by August 14. Here it is again:

10-20 minute warmup
3 x 1600m @ 6:41 pace
10-15 minute cooldown


Last time I only made it through 1 repeat, and then half of my next 2. Wish me luck tomorrow.

No comments: