Saturday, June 30, 2007

Booze (AKA The Devil)

Booze is the worst possible thing you can put inside of your body when you're training. Booze is bad for your system, it diminishes the quality of your sleep, it makes you feel gross the next day, and the net result is that your workout suffers. Here's my "workout" from last night.




1 White Russian
1 Shot of Johnny Walker Blue Label
1 Sam Summer
1 Mojito
1 Shot of Vodka
1 Amstel Light
1 Shot of Vodka
1 Amstel Light
1 Red Bull and Vodka

A friend is in town from England, which is why I went out like a rockstar last night. Occasionally you just gotta go have a good time with your friends, however this type of drinking is going to derail my training if I keep doing it. Never mind the fact that typing out how much I drank last night makes me feel like a complete boozebag. Event though I feel fine today, I think the lesson is learned.

I am going to go the gym right now and punish myself. I might just hit that damn rowing machine until I puke.

Tomorrow is a long run, maybe 8 miles, so NO BOOZE TONIGHT!!!

1 comment:

Midwest said...

I feel like throwing up just reading that!