Friday, June 29, 2007

Sleep... oh sweet sleep...

Apparently I haven't slept enough this week.  You wanna know how I figured that out?

This morning I got up At 6:00 AM and turned off my alarm clock.  I yawned, and then turned my head to look back at my bed.  As soon as I laid eyes on my pillow, I was instantly transported back to the bed, under the covers, with my alarm clock set to 7:45.  Magic.

When you're training for a marathon, you actually NEED to be getting around 8 hours of sleep a night.  That is, without a doubt, the hardest part of training.  Wednesday night I was up until midnight, but I still managed to get up Thursday morning.  However, I was a zombie all day yesterday and this morning I have no workout to show for it.  Lack of sleep during the week just builds up, and by Friday your body begins to protest by acting sluggish and uncoordinated.  

I might try to make up the cross-training tonight after work, but I might also just have 3-4 beers and sleep until noon tomorrow.  Choices, choices.  

Sunday is a long run day... I'm not sure how long it should be yet, but I'm leaning towards 8 miles at around an 8:30 pace.  

 

No comments: