Monday, July 16, 2007

Domino Effect

I really don't even want to write this post, but the whole point of this blog is to make me feel accountable for my training, so here goes.

Saturday night I was up until almost 4:00 am. This caused me to sleep until 12:30 pm on Sunday, which caused me to skip my long run since I felt awful and had practice with my band at 4:00 pm. I was going to get up this morning and run, but my internal clock is thrown off by all of this nonsense, so I couldn't fall asleep until about 12:30 am, and when my alarm clock went off at 5:45 am I immediately turned it off and collapsed back into bed.

So now I haven't done my long run... it's too late to catch up on it. I totally blew a very important workout because I stayed up past my bed time. I know that I'm still technically in "pre-training" mode, but bad habits are very hard to kick which is why I've been training so hard up to this point.

I guess the lesson here is that you can definitely train for a marathon and have a social life, you can even party it up a little, but you HAVE to take care of your body before runs. If I go out Friday night, I don't have to run Saturday. I can be out pretty late, have a few drinks, and still be fine for my long run Sunday. I can't do that on Saturdays, so I need to just cut it out.

Ugh.

I'm going to try and get at least 5 miles in tonight... just something to burn some calories and get my legs moving. I feel like garbage. When I don't run for a few days I feel gross.

No comments: