Sunday, July 8, 2007

One born everyday!

I've tried many times to get my friends to jump on the marathon bandwagon with me, and it's only worked once. One of my good friends from college actually trained with me and ran a 4:45 in the Bay State Marathon. Now, FINALLY, another sucker has joined the chase!!!

Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce my little brother Adam to the Marathon Club. Everyone give him a big round of applause. He just signed up for Vegas, and I'm going to whip him into shape. I'm not sure what sort of time I should expect out of him. He's in pretty good shape already since he's in the ROTC at Boston University. I'm guessing around a 3:45 or 4:00 for him. Who knows, maybe he'll kick my ass and make me feel bad.

Today I felt much better, I even tried to run a little 5'er out in the 90 degree weather. My legs felt like they weighed approximately 700 pounds, so apparently I'm not TOTALLY healed up, but hopefully by Tuesday I'll be good as new.

And thanks to everyone who's written and shown support! It means a lot to hear the kind words and such.

3 comments:

Danny said...

not related to this post, but i looked through some of your other posts...

i see you're trying to significanlty improve your PR. i'm no expert, but i've just read that new book on the FIRST training program, and it sounds really good. check it out. (it's pretty cheap, so it's not too much of an investment.) i think the principles are common, but they really stress it, and also give some regimented plans.

let me know what you think...

Danny said...

oops. just read a few more posts and saw that you're already onboard!

Matteson said...

I really thought it was going to be Steve.