Friday, July 6, 2007

Recuperation

What do you do when all of your planning and hardwork are derailed by one undercooked hamburger?

Well, luckily I am VERY early in my training, so I think that I'll probably be just fine and won't really lose too much speed from my bout of food poisoning / flu. I really want to get back to running ASAP, but I know that trying to push myself before I'm fully recovered will do a lot more harm than good. I can probably go for a very short jog on Sunday, and maybe try to pick up the training again on Tuesday. It really sucks to get sick becuase you end up having to backtrack in your training and catch up to where you were before.

At least this happened now and not the week of the marathon.

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

First of all, I like the name of your blog site. You're probably not set back as much during your recover as you think/fear.

I'm a marathoner who can't get it into my head that it can be a bad idea. You live in the headquarters of marathoning. Keep up the great training and posting. Look forward to reading your progress.

http://blog.runnerslounge.com