Friday, July 13, 2007

Log #12: Bike Taint


My bike taint is stronger than ever! Read back a few posts if you're not sure what I'm talking about.

Today I did a pretty tough bike workout, but it felt SOOO good after that awful lactate threshold run last night. That run was so hard I felt sick afterwards. Ugh.

Here's my stats today:

5 minutes warmup (around 90 rpm)
30 minutes hard pedaling (around 120 rpm)
5 minuntes cooldown (around 90 rpm)


I've become a huge fan of the excercise bike because I can just go on autopilot. I don't have to concentrate on anything, so I have been bringing a book to read while I pedal. I was "that guy" today, on a bike, listening to heavy metal on the iPod, and reading a Stephen King book.... at 6:30 in the morning. Dear Gaaawd.

I'll say it again. These cross-training workouts are EXCELLENT because they just let your legs recharge after a brutal running workout, yet you still burn a ton of calories and strengthen parts of your legs that you normally don't while running. I know that my quads seem to be getting much more defined since I started doing the bike, and that has helped my speed runs a lot.

Tomorrow is my day off, although I might grab a quick jog if I'm feeling it in the morning. Sunday I might go for 10 miles, just to see how my distance legs are feeling.

No comments: