Thursday, July 26, 2007

Log #18: Lactastic!!!


I just had an awesome workout. I feel like prancing about.

I actually managed to complete my LT workout. I did it on a treadmill so I could better gauge my pace, so take that into consideration. Here's what I did:


2 miles @ 8:30
2 miles @ 7:13
1 mile @ 8:30
1 mile @ 8:00 (I sped up just to push myself a little)

Since it was on a treadmill, it was definitely a bit easier. However, I definitely felt REALLY strong today, and during the LT portion I concentrated on my breathing and running form a lot. I didn't even get into the 2 in / 3 out breathing range until my second 7:13 mile. The last 2 miles were the hardest, because I kept waiting for my body to cool down and it never did. I was breathing pretty hard and felt tired even though I had slowed down a lot, but I just zoned out and eventually I was done.

I've read through some of my older posts about the LT run, and I am now very confident that this FIRST program is working. I've lost a considerable amount of body fat, dropped a few pounds, and my running feels stronger than ever. My long runs need some work, but my speed and LT runs have improved 1000%. I am pretty confident that I'll be ready to start training officially on August 21, and if the planets align I might even have a shot at my 3:30 marathon.

Yesterday was supposed to be a cross-train day, but I decided to do a "recovery run" since my legs felt a little stiff from the speed workout the day before. I did 3.5 miles at about an 8:30 pace. It felt good and pretty easy.

Ahhh.... PROGRESS!

No comments: