Sunday, August 5, 2007

Log #21: LT in Paris???

I have been walking at least 10 miles every day since this vacation started. My legs are going to fall off. I'm not complaining though, because my hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Louvre, and exactly 2 miles from the Eiffel Tower. I know this because I did my LT run yesterday underneath the damn thing.

You want to talk about some scenery... WOW!!! I ran through the garden adjacent to the Louvre, then ran along the Seine river until I got to the tower. I ran underneath it to another garden which, as I found out, had a perimeter of about a mile. I did the LT portion of the run at this garden, circling under the tower twice. I then ran back to the Louvre where my girlfriend and I walked back to our hotel, and then found a cafe that gave us the best eggs I've ever had. Insanity!!!

I think my numbers were something like this:

1 mile @ 7:40
1 mile @ 7:50
1 mile @ 6:50
1 mile @ 7:14
2 miles @ 8:30-9:00


There was lots of walking and staring and jaw-dropping going on during this run, but I kicked my ass pretty good. That plus the fact that I had CLIMBED the Eiffel tower the night before made my legs extra gooey. Despite my binge eating of croissants, pastries, and other assorted treats I will probably lose weight on this trip. I'll leave you all with this. It's my girlfriend and I underneath the Eiffel tower around sunset. I highly recommend this town.

2 comments:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Now that's a way to do a run! It sounds wonderful!
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Your walking must be cross training and it's paying off with your running. Enjoy the vacation!