Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Log #31: I Hate Moving!!!

Here is why I hate moving:

I stay up until 12:30 lugging all my belongings from one place to another, and then reassembling my life one piece of furniture at a time. I wake up at 6:00 am, but I'm so tired that my arm unconsciously shuts the alarm off without my brain knowing it. I wake up in a panic at 6:15 wondering if I overslept. I get dressed, then can't find my stopwatch because it's packed somewhere.
I also can't find my Nalgene bottle, so I have to resort to filling up an empty Poland Springs seltzer bottle with water. My iPod is about to die because I couldn't find the charger. By the time I'm out the door, it's 6:45 and I'm falling asleep on my feet.

Ahhhh.... moving.

Anyway, I jogged over to MIT's track near my new pad. This track is WAAAY nicer than the shit-storm near my old apartment. It's that nice bouncy, rubbery material and it's very clean and pretty. I didn't have my stopwatch, so I had to use my iPod's stopwatch feature which is a pain in the ass. Anyway, enough complaining. Here is what I was aiming for:

10 minute warmup
4 x 800m @ 3:13, 2 minutes rest in between
10 minute cooldown


Here's what I got:

10 minute warmup
800m @ 3:05
800m @ 3:02
800m @ 3:03
800m @ 3:04
10 minute cooldown


Except for the 4th interval, I only rested 2 minutes in between each round. I felt really strong today, and to be honest, I was looking forward to this workout. I feel like I'm not as intimidated by the speed workout anymore, and as I get more comfortable with the gross burning sensation in my chest that accompanies these workouts, my confidence will grow even more. I really liked the 800m distance, because it's short enough to allow me to really turn on the afterburners even when I'm feeling really tired. I know that, no matter what, it's only 2 laps.

I'm fired up. So far I'm killing my speed workouts, and they are the workouts I was really worried about before starting this program. I need to work on my stamina during long runs, but hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend!

1 comment:

Danny said...

that's a fantastic job!

(i personally don't mind the speed intervals as much - you get a rest in the middle! but the tempo runs are tough...)