Thursday, August 16, 2007

Log #26: Sandbag-Legs

Oh boy I'm beat. I think that 13 miles + Beach + PR speed workout + crazy bike workout + LT run - sleep = Dead Legs Joey.

Yesterday I did my favorite bike workout, which is:

10 minute warmup
4 minutes hard pedaling, 1 minute easy x 6
5 minutes cool down


My quads were burning by the end, but I felt great. 3 great workouts in a row is a pretty rare thing, so I was pumped.

Then I woke up this morning. I felt pretty good... a little tired, but not any more than usual. I started the LT run feeling good. I ran the first two miles pretty well, and then started that damned LT nonsense. The first mile was fine, but by the second mile my legs began to feel like they were covered in cement. Every time I had to lift my leg I felt like I was pulling tree stumps out of the ground. I just made myself keep moving and told myself I was almost done. I kept looking at the GPS to see how much farther I'd gone, and it was taunting me by telling me I'd barely moved since the last time I looked.

At the end of the LT part of the run, I was done. I walked for a while, ran some, and finally got some gas back for the last mile. All in all, it was a devastating workout. Here are the stats:

1 mile @ 8:30
1 mile @ 8:20
1 mile @ 7:10
1 mile @ 7:30
1 mile @ 9:00
1 mile @ 8:40


I'm gonna take the next 2 days off and see if my legs can get back to normal by Sunday.

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

You've put in some pretty demanding runs lately. A few days off should freshen the legs. Hope Sunday's run finds you re-charged.