Thursday, August 23, 2007

Log #29: The Best Thing About Training

Ooooohhhhhh yeah folks!!!! This morning was my LT workout, and I absolutely crushed it. Let me just start by proudly displaying my magnificent splits. In parentheses I've put the goal time for each split:

8:13 (8:30)
8:00 (8:30)
7:01 (7:14)
7:11 (7:14)
8:00 (8:30)
8:22 (8:30)


Hey, lactic acid.... SUCK IT!!! I don't know what the hell got into me, but I felt absolutely great the entire run. I walked for about 1 minute after the LT part, but then I was golden for the rest of the run. You can see that I was running a lot faster than I needed to, but I just felt great so I let my body dictate the pace.

The best thing about training like this is that almost every week, I find myself doing something that I have never been able to do. I have certainly never run 6 miles at these paces and felt this great, so I know that something is working. I'm REALLY psyched to keep pushing myself to see how fast I end up running on December 2nd.

My little brother seems to be dilligently busting his ass to try and get in shape. He's going for a 3:50, which is 7 minutes better than my PR. If he hits that, and I hit my 3:30, the after-party in Vegas will be EPIC!!!

1 comment:

SavvyFitChica said...

Wow, those are some seriously phenomenal times. Way to tell that lactic acid who's boss!