Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Log #22: 10K in Amsterdam


Well, this whole training thing has gotten thrown off a little bit by my trip, but I don't feel like I've lost too much of my fitness. Today I hopped on a Dutch treadmill in my hotel, and decided that I'd bust out a 10K. I forgot to write down the KPH/MPH conversion, so I had to guess what my speed should be. I ended up running about an 8:10 pace I believe. Given the amount of wine and incredible food I've had in the last week, I was pretty happy with that. I seem to have maintained my weight, so I know that I should be able to keep training as I have and be ready for August 21... Day #1 of official training.

The REALLY tough part is going to be August 29-September 3. My buddy's family is going to London and invited me along, all expenses included, as long as I could fly there. How could I turn that down? My second long run (10 miles) will be in London.... I suppose that really won't be that bad... It'll probably be awesome. My Paris LT run was incredible.

My little brother should be home from his Army training in a couple of days, so I also get to whip his ass into shape. I'm curious to see how he responds to training for his first marathon.

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

You're doing a better job than most of us would getting in the running and managing the eating. Have fun being the drill sergeant over little brother.