Thursday, August 30, 2007

Log #32: Jet Lagged BIG TIME....

I woke up around 5:30 am to go to work early, worked until about 2:30, ran over to my old apartment to get the last of my belongings out of there, did 100 other assorted chores, hopped on a plane at 7:00, drank several glasses of wine, flew to London, slept MAYBE 2 hours on the flight, arrived at 6:30am London time, ate a huge plate of eggs benedict, took a 2 hour nap, then decided to do my LT run.

Do these sound like ideal conditions?

It's not surprising that my run kind of sucked. I had no energy, even Red Bull couldn't wake me up. I managed 6 out of 7 miles I wanted to do, and I was definitely slower than I should have been. It's very hard to judge what my splits actually were, since the treadmill worked in kilometers, but I'd guess I did something like this for splits:

9:00
8:00
8:00
8:30
8:25
8:20


Considering how tired and crappy I felt, I think I actually got a decent workout. I didn't cross-train yesterday since it was such a hectic day, but I'll make up for it by cross-training Saturday, which is normally my day off. I'm excited to explore London, and on Sunday I'll be running all over this damn town. Limey Bastards!!! Bloody hell!!!

1 comment:

SavvyFitChica said...

Wow, I am just completely impressed that you ran after sleeping as little as you did! Good for you! You're more motivated than me! LOL!